Friday, January 27, 2012

Weight Goals (April 2011)

Jessica and I are busy utilizing our gym membership.  The weekend before the surgery, I am a bridesmaid in my best friend's, and children's Godmother's, wedding.  I want to fit into a size 8 (I am a 12).  So we are plugging away at our weight issues.  I also think I will lose about 5-10lbs of tissue with the surgery and that will put me close to my goal weight...if I lose the 15lbs. ahead of time.  Plus, the more fit I am the better I should recover.

The PT meeting was great!  I have about 20 exercises to do three times a day for 2 weeks.  Then I do another set of exercises three times a day for the next 4 weeks after that.  I will not be able to raise my arms above my shoulders and bending will be cumbersome for the first two weeks.  Obviously, with the abdominal surgery, transitions from sitting to standing or laying to sitting will be very challenging. 

I hated my C Section (which is why I fought so hard for a VBAC) because it was so painful to move afterwards.  I can't believe I have to go through this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment