Friday, January 27, 2012

Done (February 2011)

After a long discussion this past weekend, Ray and I have decided that we are not going to try to have more children.  We feel comfortable with our family.  We want to be able to give our children as much as we can without having to worry about finances.  We want to take trips and send them to college.  Not that we won't make more, but kids cost more as they grow and we feel content.  Why mess with perfection?

However, this conversation comes after my annual consultation with my oncologist.  You see, I was to have my family before 30 so that when I was done I could start considering prophylactic surgery.  Basically, I would proactively remove my ovaries (called an oophorectomy) to combat my 30% chance of developing ovarian cancer.  This would double as a reduction in my breast cancer rate as well.  I set up another meeting with my oncologist to discuss this.

No comments:

Post a Comment