Friday, January 27, 2012

Nipples

I am so conflicted over these nipples!  I feel like I am overreacting, but I just don't know how its going to look without them.  At our consultation, we were told I cannot save my nipples; that too many cells are housed in the milk ducts which go through the entire nipple.  The surgeon said he would not allow me to save them. 
I have been looking online at a lot of pictures of reconstructed breasts and nipples.  I am a little excited that I get to have a say in the size, shape and color, but it will be awhile before I get them.  Basically, the plastic surgeon will use my tummy skin (full of stretch marks for texture) to fill the missing space.  After healing, I will have a follow up surgery to stitch an areola.  After that is healed, they will be tattooed.  So we are talking about a year of Marilyn Mansion freakishness.

No comments:

Post a Comment