Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Last and a First

I remembered that I didn't blog about doing my last will and testament before my surgery.  I highly recommend doing a living will, durable power of attorney, guardianship and will before any major surgery.  We don't like to think about it, but if the "what if" happens, your family and loved ones will be grateful that you set up your wishes in a easily accessible way.  I gave copies of my documents to my surgeons, and my husband had copies in the waiting room. 

On a more positive note, I ran for the first time last night!  I waited 6 weeks post op to try more rigorous exercises.  I feel that you will know when you are ready and the guidelines the surgeon gives you are "suggestions".  Now, "I" wouldn't workout before they recommend, but I also didn't feel like a failure by waiting longer. Slow and steady, but I had no pain.  I am excited to start working out again.  I plan to join the community center by my house and get back into the swing with my workout buddy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment