Monday, May 21, 2012

Relay for Life and Race for the Cure!

Relay for Life is over, but its impression, I hope, will last a long time.  We raised, at this point, close to $55,000!  WHOA!  That's nearly $20,000 over our goal.  It was an amazing event with even more amazing people.  I am so proud to say that I was a part of this committee and I am even more proud to say that we made a huge impact on the journey to finding a cure for cancer!

Don't forget, my first race is June 2nd, on my 1 year anniversary.  I'll be running in the Race for the Cure DC!  Support me!  Please :)  I'll post my results afterwards.  I am SO excited!  Next up, a 10k. I ran my first training 10k about 2 weeks ago and I think I am ready to start training it to get my time down.  Hopefully there is a cancer charity that does a 10k, or even a half. Who knows where this will take me!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have caught the running bug and what better ways to support cancer research than running a race. Good luck with your upcoming 5K! If you are doing the DC race I assume it won't be super hilly. My Race for the Cure was sooo hilly and it was so hot. I hope you have better conditions. Looking forward to seeing your race results. :o)

    ReplyDelete