Thursday, March 8, 2012

Running for My Life

I can't say that I love running, but I do like the time frame required.  I burned 400 calories in 37 minutes last night.  Love it!  That would have taken my an hour or more on the elliptical.  So, last night, I ran my first true 5K.  3.1 miles, 32 minutes 12 second and I didn't stop or walk once.  Not bad for about 2 weeks worth of training after 10 years of not running one step.  My first official 5K is April 14th.  Thanks Jessica!  This run is to benefit Autism research and awareness!  My goal: under 30minutes!

Hormone update- well, let's just say the driveway is a dangerous place to walk these days!  I need to make sure I eat a full meal, so I am setting an alarm to ring at 7:30, after I get to work where I will have time to eat a full meal before taking my meds.  I have to make this work!

Not much of an update, I know.  But things are good right now with my health and we are just plugging along waiting for the next phase.  Speaking of which, first laser treatment is next week.  I hear its painful, but since I have no feeling in my breasts, hopefully that will be a non-issue.  I seriously and praying hard for this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment