Sunday, March 11, 2012

Feeling Thankful

I am feeling very thankful today for amazing friends, awesome family and my health.  I ran today for the first time on the road; the weather was too beautiful not to.  I took Smoke with me.  I am going to try to really train him and stick with it.  He is a great dog and I want to make him better.  Anyway, we had a great run.  It was so nice to be alone, listen to great music and just think about everything.  I have only been running for a few weeks but I am already doing a 5k and I am moving to a 4 mile run this coming week.  I am so blessed and thankful that I am here, that I am healthy, and that I am able.  I can't say thank you to everyone that has touched my life, put a smile on my face or supported me in a time of need.  But to anyone who has ever crossed my path, for good or bad; thank you.  You shaped the fantastic life I am living today and I am grateful.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are on the right track. I agree, me + my ipod + running = feeling better! Glad you are making such great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erin! I am trying to make a lifestyle change to be healthy all around not just with regard to my cancer risk. I am eating better, sleeping more and trying to be mentally and physically fit. I appreciate your words of support!

    ReplyDelete