Monday, April 16, 2012

Few and Far Between

As my recovery comes up upon a year, I have less and less to write about.  I am feeling great!  Hormones seem to be fine.  I miss a few here or there, but all in all, I am accepting that this is part of my life now. 

In other news, Andrea and Jackson are most likely going to private school next year.  We were assured that will get enough financial aid to send them both.  Andrea got the nicest acceptance letter for passing her assessment for early kindergarten.  I think I might frame it!

Jackson's follow up from his tonsil and adenoid surgery was perfect.  He apparently heals like his mama.  The doctor was amazed that he looked so awesome after only 2 weeks and hadn't even touched a dose of medicine.  All in all, it was amazingly easy and painless.

So it occurred to be today that on my 1 year anniversary of my prophylactic surgery, I will be running my first 5k race!  I am entered into the Global Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.  Please support me if you can.  My goals are: 1. Each mile in under 10minutes, total time of 30minutes.  Reach goal: Total time of 28:30 (9.5 minute mile pace).  I have no idea about the course.  I assume since it is in DC that it is relatively flat, but that can vary from section to section of DC!  Hills might alter these goals vastly!

No comments:

Post a Comment