Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Running for Little Lives

In my journey through BRCA2, "previvorship" and fitness, I registered for a my next 3 races.  I have a small and hopefully fast 5K next weekend right here in my town.  In August, I am stepping up for a 10K in Annapolis followed by a 10K in September in Baltimore.  The first race is for local high school scholarships in memory of a local woman who served as a coach at the local high school.  The second race is for multiple causes, but most notably the women and children's shelter and programs in Annapolis.  The last race is the 2012 Race for our Kids that supports childhood cancer treatment and research in Baltimore, MD at the Herman & Walter Samuelson Children's Hospital at Sinai.  For this race, I would like to and can fund raise for the cause.  My goal is $250.  If you can and choose to support me and children with childhood cancer, you can pledge HERE.

This, as in cancer awareness, activism, research, education and every aspect of this disease is such a near and dear passion, clearly, that I am just thrilled that I have yet another avenue to participate.  I hope to run, not just for me and my health, but as a method to disseminate my passion.  I said I wanted to run for something and I am just loving that my goals are coming to fruition. 


No comments:

Post a Comment