Saturday, May 11, 2013

Race for the Cure DC 2013

The Race for the Cure DC was this morning and it was a great morning!  The weather held out nicely.  It wasn't too hot or too cold, although quite humid.  I had a great race coming in at 26.45!  That's a new personal record by officially nearly 3 minutes, but technically 1.5 minutes (I've had faster training times, since my last official 5k).  The event was awesome, the speakers were amazing, we were a force of pink ripping through the Mall.  I love our new Mother's Day tradition!  The race was followed by brunch and Georgetown Cupcakes....enough said.  Perfect day. 

Happy Mother's Day to all the mother of all kinds.  I miss mine everyday, every moment.  Another moment missed today when I crossed that finish line.  I know she was watching from heaven.

For every starting line;
and every finish line.
For every miles I run;
and every step I take;
you are with me, mom.

 
Pre-race, runner's start

Post race, face! (we don't even look winded)

No comments:

Post a Comment