Thursday, July 4, 2013

New year = New Challenges

I have been thinking for a while about doing a triathlon.  If you know me it will not surprise you that I signed up for 2.  LOL.  Why do anything just once.  Dive right in and go for it.  I have my first sprint tri on Sept. 29th.  It is a women's triathlon for the local YMCA.  A sprint tri is a 300 meter swim (in a pool), 10 mile bike ride and 3.2 mile run.  I think I got this.  I am not going for "good" or "fast" just finish!

The second triathlon is just a week later and it is an Olympic Distance Triathlon.  This is a bit more, um, crazy.  It s 40 total miles; .9 mile swim (open water), 32 mile bike and 6.5 mile run.  This race supports the Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults.  Basically Ulman Fund is a special fund to help people who are in their teens, twenties and thirties to fight cancer. 

If you are able, I would love it if you could support me in this.  I love swimming, biking and running for something.  It keeps me honest and accountable to my own health.  Here is the link to my fundraising page: http://halffulltriathlon.com/donations/?kwoAdvocateId=72OSHP2  I'll also have the donation form on this page on the sidebar and in the advocacy section of this blog.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment