What is CPS-3?
The American Cancer Society will be enrolling participants in CPS-3, their newest research study. CPS-3 (Cancer Prevention Study-3) is a landmark research study that offers those who have NEVER been diagnosed with cancer, the unprecedented opportunity to advance cancer research by participating first-hand in a cancer research study. The study will help researchers to understand the lifestyle, environmental & genetic factors that may cause or prevent cancer.
What is a CPS-3 Community Champion?
CPS-3 Community Champions educate their friends, family and community about CPS-3 and help to promote and drive community enrollment and participation in this lifesaving study.
Who can be a CPS-3 Community Champion?
EVERYONE! can be a Champion and help get the word out. Whether you are cancer free, a caregiver, a cancer survivor, an avid fundraiser for a cure, or interested in honoring friends or loved ones, you can be a champion. No fundraising is involved.
- Work with local staff to promote CPS-3 enrollment to your personal and professional network
- Engage a minimum of 25 qualified individuals in the study
- Participate in the CPS-3 conference calls weekly
- Communicate progress regularly to designated lead
- Understand the long term commitment participants are making to the study
- Follow the research protocol for the study as laid out by ACS
2 month time frame, 1-2 hours per week
If interested, in being a Champion, please contact Laurie Frey at email@example.com or by calling 301-514-2783