Monday, September 17, 2012

Giving Thanks


I made it to another birthday. Birthdays are a funny thing these days; I have a new appreciation for each and every one. I look forward to them like milestones. I am so thankful that I will have many birthdays in my life and while I may succumb to other tragedies, I am thankful that cancer is probably won't take any birthdays away from me, my children or my family.

This birthday was particularly amazing! Ray and I had a fantastic date night. We laughed so much and just really had fun together. The kids and I enjoyed P-Ville Day, as usual. Watching them get overjoyed at pony rides, face painting, cowboy hats and hair bows just warms my heart. I am so thankful that I have these amazing beings that I get to watch grow and mature. I am thankful that cancer won't steal away any of their time with me.

My dad also took me out for a shopping day today, just him and me. It was truly an overwhelming gesture of generosity and love. I have minimal clothes that fit, aren't tattered and appropriate with the season. I have even less shoes and belts and other accessories. I just don't have the time or money and with my changing size, I just can't keep up. This was a priceless day, not just for the clothes and shoes, but for the feeling of love and care. He really thought of something that would make my year, not just my day. I am so thankful that I had such great parents and role models to teach me generosity, and kindness to others. It breaks my heart that cancer took away so many years I could have been with my mother. These days are always hard regardless of the time past. But to have such an amazing father to help fill the void is priceless.

I had to smile today as I keep coming out the dressing rooms and requesting smaller sizes. I was wearing a size 2 today! I didn't buy them. I like to sit in my pants :) But I did buy 4s and small shirts. In addition to the overjoy in size shrinkage, I also purchased two new pairs of running shoes just in time for my 10K race next weekend. Bring on those Baltimore hills! I am ready!

Thank you for being loyal readers. I love that I don't have much to write these days. I am thankful for my health and peace of mind in this journey. No news is good news and I am overwhelmed with thanks for no news!

No comments:

Post a Comment