Friday, December 20, 2013

Lots to Talk About...Lulumon, Turn Up the Heat, etc.)


Hello loyal followers. I can't call you readers because, well, I haven't written anything to be read ;-) Several times over the last month I have wanted to jump on here and spew my thoughts, but life, as usual, got in the way. So, here is a back log of my ponderings.....

1. Ovarian National Alliance Turn Up the Heat Event-

"The Ovarian Cancer National Alliance is proud to present the 9th Annual Turn Up the Heat! A Celebration of Women Chefs Gala on February 19, 2014, at our new venue -the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center.

Join more than 400 guests for the food event of the season while raising important funds to fight ovarian cancer! You'll have the chance to mingle with nearly 50 women chefs, restaurant owners and mixologists Click here to purchase tickets or explore the links to discover more."

2. Lulumon and stupidity-
Firstly, I really am trying to be less critical and skeptical of people and at minimum, stop making faces and comments to indicate that I am currently judging and criticizing. However, when anyone makes a statement like the one quote below, I'm sorry, it is no longer within my will power to fight my belief that you are absolutely ridiculous.

Except taken from Chip Wilson's blog post from 2009:

"Breast cancer also came into prominence in the 1990's. I suggest this was due to the number of cigarette-smoking Power Women who were on the pill (initial concentrations of hormones in the pill were very high) and taking on the stress previously left to men in the working world."

Another statements that will be referenced below:

"Quite frankly, some women’s bodies just actually don’t work,” “It’s about the rubbing through the thighs,” and “how much pressure is there.”

WHAT? There are too many leaps in logic in these two sentences for me to adequately address all of them adequately. So, let me just say this; Chip Wilson, you make absurdly expensive women's clothing, yet you are not a woman. You make ludicrous statements about the shape of women's bodies yet you do not have a woman's body. You then make asinine statements about breast cancer, yet you are not medically trained, nor are you a Power Woman. So let me say this as I feel I am ALL of these; women, thigh rubbing and powerful; shut up. You demand too much money for a product you say does work for almost nearly every woman and then you spew inaccuracies and victim blaming statements about women with breast cancer. Shut up.



No comments:

Post a Comment